Crock Pot BBQ Pork Chops
Try. Try. Again. That was my motto for this recipe for Crock Pot BBQ Pork Chops. The first time I gave it a try, it didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped. It wasn’t really that bad but it was missing some seasoning. It needed a kick of flavor. I started off with just the apricot preserves and BBQ sauce. I was thinking the sauce would be similar to the kind I use for the Crock Pot Party Meatballs. It was good but I thought the pork chops just needed more flavor. So I seasoned them with garlic powder and added a packet of onion soup mix that I had in the pantry and the result was WAY better.
Bone-In Pork Chops
I am using bone-in pork chops for this recipe for a couple of reasons. First of all, bone-in chops tend to be a little cheaper than their boneless counterparts. Plus, more times than not, I can get the bone-in pork chops on sale. Secondly, the bone-in pork chops are less likely to dry out and get tough. They can handle the longer, slower cooking time and end up coming out and you can cut through it like buttah! These are perfect with a side salad or some steamed summer veggies. I steamed some zucchini, squash and baby carrots and seasoned them with a little lemon pepper seasoning. Delicious! My whole family really enjoyed these. Hope you love them too!
1 (18 oz) bottle BBQ sauce
1 (18 oz) jar apricot preserves
1 packet onion soup mix (or make your own)
4 bone-in pork chops
2 tsp. garlic powder
In the bottom of a 5-quart (or larger) oval slow cooker, pour in barbecue sauce, apricot preserves and onion soup mix.
- 1 18 oz bottle BBQ sauce
- 1 18 oz jar apricot preserves
- 1 packet onion soup mix or make your own
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- In the bottom of a 5-quart (or larger) oval slow cooker, pour in barbecue sauce, apricot preserves and onion soup mix.
- Give the mixture a good stir.
- Season both sides of each of the pork chops with garlic powder and gently rub it in. Place pork chops into the sauce in the slow cooker and, using a spoon, cover the chops with some of the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours (until internal temperature reaches 145f degrees.)
- Delicious served with a side salad and some veggies!