Slow Cooker Cubed Steak
I think my love for my slow cooker is pretty well known (well, at least to my family). It really is one of my most favorite kitchen appliances. It’s right up there with my stand mixer. It is the busy parent, busy worker, and beginner cook’s best friend. It can take a rather tough cut of meat, like this cubed steak here, and turn it into tenderness on a plate.
Give me the gravy
My favorite part of this recipe? The gravy. Oh mercy, the gravy. Me and gravy, it’s a love thang.
So if you love your crock pot like I do, you gotta give this one a try.
1/2 cup of water
1 ½-2 pounds cubed steak
Then serve with mashed potatoes.
- 1 packet of au jus gravy mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 ½-2 pounds cube steak
- to thicken gravy:
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, French Onion soup, packet of au jus and water.
- Stir well.
- Put cubed steak in slow cooker with gravy mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook steak on low for 6-8 hours.
- After cooking, it's time to thicken gravy. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water. Stir mixture into crock pot.
- Turn the setting to high and cook for 30 minutes (until gravy is thickened.)
Serve with mashed potatoes.
If you are sensitive to salt, use lower sodium options where possible.