Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy is the ultimate no-fuss weeknight dinner recipe. Tender, flavorful and goes perfect with mashed potatoes!
A BUDGET-FRIENDLY, FAMILY-FRIENDLY DINNER
This meal is not only inexpensive but it is one of those "set-it and forget-it" type meals. You can toss everything into your slow cooker and dinner will be ready when you are!
COOKING TIPS FOR THIS CROCK POT RECIPE
- This is one of those fix-it and forget it type crock pot recipes. It helps to have a digital crock pot these days. You can cook it for a certain amount of time so and then set it to automatically go to a keep-warm setting.
- If you are sensitive to salt, I would suggest using lower sodium options where possible.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH CUBED STEAK?
I gotta served this cubed steak and gravy with my Million Dollar Mashed Potatoes and smother it in the gravy. Or, perhaps you want something a bit lighter? Then maybe my ITALIAN GREEN BEANS, BACON GARLIC GREEN BEANS or MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS. My favorite part of this recipe? The gravy. Oh mercy, the gravy. Me and gravy, it's a love thing. Be sure to try my CROCK POT PORK CHOPS & GRAVY. It's all about the gravy, baby!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- au jus gravy mix
- cream of chicken soup
- French onion soup
- cubed steak
- cold water
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT CUBED STEAK:
In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, French Onion soup, packet of au jus and water. Stir well.
Put cubed steak in slow cooker with gravy mixture.
Cover slow cooker and cook steak on low.
After cooking, it's time to thicken gravy. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water.
Stir mixture into crock pot.
Turn the setting to high and cook until gravy is thickened.
Then serve with mashed potatoes.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
CROCK POT CUBED STEAK WITH GRAVY
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 oz) can French onion soup
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½-2 pounds cube steak (about 3-4 cubed steaks)
To thicken gravy:
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, French Onion soup, packet of au jus and water. Stir well.
- Put cubed steak in slow cooker with gravy mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook steak on low for 6-8 hours.
- After cooking, it's time to thicken gravy. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water. Stir mixture into crock pot.
- Turn the setting to high and cook for 30 minutes (until gravy is thickened.)
- If you are sensitive to salt, use lower sodium options where possible.
Originally published: January 2012
Updated & republished: April 2019