HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT CUBED STEAK AND GRAVY
I think my love for my slow cooker is pretty well known (well, at least to my family). It really is one of my most favorite kitchen appliances. It’s right up there with my stand mixer. It is the busy parent, busy worker, and beginner cook’s best friend. It can take a rather tough cut of meat, like what I am using in this Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy recipe, and turns it into tenderness on a plate.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH CUBED STEAK?
I gotta served this cubed steak and gravy with my Million Dollar Mashed Potatoes and smother it in the gravy. Or, perhaps you want something a bit lighter? Then maybe my ITALIAN GREEN BEANS, BACON GARLIC GREEN BEANS or MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS.
My favorite part of this recipe? The gravy. Oh mercy, the gravy. Me and gravy, it’s a love thing. Be sure to try my Crock Pot Pork Chops with Gravy. It’s all about the gravy, baby!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
au jus gravy mix
cream of chicken soup
French onion soup
to thicken gravy:
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE CUBED STEAKS:
In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, French Onion soup, packet of au jus and water. Stir well.
Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy
- 1 packet of au jus gravy mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 ½-2 pounds cube steak
To thicken gravy:
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, French Onion soup, packet of au jus and water.
- Stir well.
- Put cubed steak in slow cooker with gravy mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook steak on low for 6-8 hours.
- After cooking, it's time to thicken gravy. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water. Stir mixture into crock pot.
- Turn the setting to high and cook for 30 minutes (until gravy is thickened.)