Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cook’s Notes: I was able to get about 64 sausage balls from this recipe. Also, the hot sausage was not really all that hot. I wouldn’t consider it spicy.
- 1 lb hot sausage uncooked
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together sausage and cream cheese.
- Add in baking mix and stir until combined.
- Then add in cheese. Feel free to be generous with your cheese measurements,
- Stir until combined.
- Scoop up meat mixture and form into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Once you have them all on the baking sheet, just go back and roll them around in your hands
- to make them a bit more smooth on the outside.
- Then pop your baking sheet in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once they are chilled, bake for about 25 minutes.
This is easiest combined with an electric mixer.
If you don't have one, you can always get in there with your hands because you want this combined well. Your hands may get messy but they will do a good job.
Once cooked, they should be firm to the touch and golden brown on the outside.