Cornbread Taco Bake is a cornbread base topped with seasoned ground beef, a creamy filling and topped with melted cheese! So good!
CORNBREAD TACO BAKE
CAN I USE CHICKEN INSTEAD OF BEEF?
- Of course! You can substitute ground chicken or even ground turkey in this meal. I'm super thrilled to share this recipe with y'all. It comes together super fast and it's a recipe your whole family will love it. You can set out different toppings for everyone to make this to their liking!
- Also, try using my CROCK POT TACO MEAT in this recipe to really elevate the flavors!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
taco seasoning (or make your own taco seasoning)
Mexican cheese blend
shredded lettuce, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, taco sauce
HOW TO MAKE CORNBREAD TACO BAKE:
LIKE THIS RECIPE? BE SURE TO GIVE THESE A TRY!
BEEFY CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
THE BEST MEXICAN CORNBREAD
PEACH CORNBREAD SKILLET COBBLER
CORNBREAD CHICKEN CASSEROLE
SKILLET CORNBREAD PIZZA
EASY CORNBREAD TACO BAKE
- 1 (7 oz) packet cornbread mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 (11 oz) can Mexicorn drained
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (divided use)
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- shredded lettuce, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Spray a 9" x 9" (or 2 ½ quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cornbread mix with milk and egg. Stir well.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink, drain excess grease.
- Then add in taco seasoning and ⅓ cup water and stir to combine.
- Then add in Mexicorn and Rotel. Stir well and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Once cornbread is cooked, take out of oven, then cover with ground beef mixture.
- Next, combine sour cream, ONE cup of shredded cheese and green onion in a bowl.
- Gently spread the sour cream mixture on top of the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve.
Originally published: June 2015
Updated & republished: February 2021