Cornbread Chicken Casserole is a family favorite. Packets of cornbread, rotisserie chicken, creamed corn and seasoning are all you need!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Martha White. All opinions and text are my own.
CORNBREAD CHICKEN CASSEROLE
This cornbread chicken casserole really a whole meal in one. Now, because it is a casserole, it isn't the the prettiest thing in the world. I mean, not many casseroles are stunners in the looks department but they are hands-down the tastiest food to eat. It's what's on the inside that counts, right? A creamy chicken center surrounded by yummy cornbread and topped with gooey cheese!
TIPS FOR MAKING DELICIOUS FAMILY MEAL:
- For less heat, substitute Montery Jack cheese for Pepper Jack cheese. Or go with a Mexican cheese blend!
- Also, if you don't enjoy cream of mushroom, try switching it out for cream of celery or cream of chicken.
- I use all of the entire rotisserie chicken (dark & white meat). If you prefer only white meat, look for the "family-size" rotisserie chicken. These are larger and will give you more breast meat.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
Martha White Yellow Cornbread
cream style sweet corn
cream of mushroom soup
store-bought rotisserie chicken
Montreal chicken seasoning
shredded pepper jack cheese, shredded
sliced PICKLED BANANA PEPPERS for topping (optional)
HOW TO MAKE CORNBREAD CHICKEN CASSEROLE:
Preheat oven to 400f degrees. Spray a 9x9 or 11x7 baking dish (whichever you have) with Crisco no-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together both pouches of Martha White yellow cornbread mix with can of cream style corn, eggs and melted butter (we are not making this to the instructions on the package).
EASY CORNBREAD CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 2 pouches Martha White Yellow Cornbread mix
- 1 14.75 oz can cream style sweet corn
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken chopped
- 1 tsp Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- sliced pickled banana peppers for topping or jalapenos, optional
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 9 or 11 x 7 baking dish (whichever you have) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together both pouches of Martha White yellow cornbread mix with can of cream style corn, eggs and melted butter (we are not making this to the instructions on the package.)
- In another bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup with the milk.
- Then stir in rotisserie chicken, Montreal chicken seasoning and garlic salt.
- Now to assemble the casserole.
- Spread half of the cornbread mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking dish.
- Next, spread out the chicken mixture on top of the cornbread layer.
- Finally, pour the remaining cornbread mixture over top of the chicken layer.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Add a few pickled banana peppers (or jalapeño slices) on top.
- This part is optional. It gives folks a heads up that this dish has a little bit of heat to it.
- Cover and bake for about 45-60 minutes.
- You want the cornbread to be fully cooked.
- So stick a toothpick into the center. If it comes back with any wet cornbread on it - then it needs a few more minutes to cook.