This Mexican-Style Cornbread is an easy homemade recipe made with cornmeal, flour, cheddar cheese, cream corn, green onions, and peppers!
A SUPER FLAVORFUL CORNBREAD RECIPE
Cornbread is one of my favorite recipes - add it with some HOMEMADE CHILI or TACO SOUP for the perfect meal! This Mexican-style cornbread adds an added flavor profile to an already delicious favorite! You will want to try this as it is so moist, delicious, and so full of Mexican inspired flavors. Just follow the easy step by step directions below for your Mexican-style cornbread recipe! You'll be making this cornbread recipe all the time once you make this - guaranteed!
What I really love about this cornbread recipe is how simple it is! It's as easy as stirring in the ingredients and then popping it into the oven to bake! While you can use any pan for this, I LOVE using my cast iron pan. My grandma used it all the time growing up and it's one thing I've stuck to as well! Cornbread comes out so perfect when baked in the cast iron - it's an absolute MUST if you don't already! But if you don't have cast iron, a springform pan or any 9-inch baking dish works perfectly as well.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- self-rising white cornmeal
- self-rising flour
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
- green bell pepper (or red bell pepper, for color)
- green chili peppers
- cream-style corn
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CORNBREAD:
Before you get started, make sure to round up all your ingredients to make things nice and speedy in the kitchen! 😉 Preheat the oven to 350f degrees and lightly grease a 9x9-inch baking dish or use a springform pan. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, cheese, green onions, green bell pepper, and canned green chili peppers until well blended.
Stir in the eggs, creamed corn, and milk. Spread the batter out into the prepared pan.
Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal
- ½ cup self-rising flour
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper (or red bell pepper, for color)
- 6 ounce can green chili peppers
- 2 eggs beaten
- 8 ounce can cream-style corn
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350f degrees and lightly grease a 9x9-inch baking dish or use a springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, cheese, green onions, green bell pepper, and canned green chili peppers until well blended.
- Stir in the eggs, creamed corn, and milk. Spread the batter out into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.