This easy, one pan Taco Rice recipe is a whole meal in one. Ground beef, taco seasonings, salsa, rice and cheese. A family favorite meal!
AN ENTIRE MEAL IN ONE PAN
If there is one item I always tell new cooks to keep in their pantry - is rice. Especially quick-cooking rice like Minute Rice. It can be pulled out and added or mixed with so many other meals and it's easy to get creative with. It beefs up meal time to make it more filling and you can add just about any flavor to it. Note: brown rice is totally acceptable in this recipe.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH TACO RICE?
I love my Mom's Spanish Rice, so I figured, why not a taco version? And let me tell you, this turned out crazy good! It also made for awesome leftovers. I topped it with lettuce and tomato and later added a dollop of sour cream but that's not necessary to make this taste outstanding. This would make a great filling for burritos too and it can be made meatless! You could also substitute with ground pork or turkey if you prefer. Or serve it as a side to my favorite Layered Taco Bake or Mexican Lasagna!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- Minute Rice
- shredded cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE TACO RICE:
In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
Add in taco seasoning and water.
Stir well and allow mixture to come to a boil.
Turn down heat, then add in uncooked Minute Rice and stir.
Cover and cook for about 5 minutes (until rice is tender.) Then remove lid and stir in salsa and cheese.
Turn off heat and it's ready to serve.
If I am making this a whole meal, I will usually serve it topped with some sour cream, lettuce and diced tomatoes. You could even serve it wrapped in a tortilla.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
One Pan Taco Rice (+Video)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Minute Rice uncooked
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
- Add in taco seasoning and water. Stir well and allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Turn down heat, then add in uncooked Minute Rice and stir.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes (until rice is tender.) Then remove lid and stir in salsa and cheese.
- Turn off the heat and it's ready to serve!
- Serve topped with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sour cream. You can also serve this with your favorite tortillas.
- This can be made meatless.
- Ground pork or ground turkey can be substituted.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: November 2015
Updated & republished: June 2019