This Super Simple Copycat Chili’s Salsa whips up in five minutes. Whole tomatoes, special blend of seasonings, onion and jalapeño. The best!
COPYCAT CHILI’S SALSA
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
CAN YOU MAKE THIS SALSA SPICIER?
HOW TO MAKE CHILI’S SALSA:
Process it for a few seconds.
Originally published: April 2011
Updated & republished: May 2019
COPYCAT CHILI'S SALSA
- 1 (15 oz) can tomatoes and green chiles, Rotel
- 1 (15 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, don't drain juices
- 1/2 jalapeno, cut into chunks
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- This is easiest in a food processor but you can use a blender too.
- Place jalapeno and onion into food processor.
- Process it for a few seconds.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and process all ingredients for just a few more seconds, keeping it slightly chunky (not a puree).
- Put into a bowl with a lid (I like to use my mason jars) and chill in the fridge for several hours (overnight is even better).