Crock Pot recipes
As warmer weather approaches, lots of folks start thinking of ways to make supper without turning on the oven. Especially if you live in a small house like I do. When you turn on the oven, you also have to crank up the AC because the oven heats up the whole house. Now, I cook nearly everyday of the week, so it’s unavoidable that I’m going to have to turn on the oven in the summer. But I do try to keep it to a minimum. And one of the ways I do that is to use my slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is some of the BEST chicken you will ever put in your mouth! Great in tacos, salads or even on sandwiches! So easy too!
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with some nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts into the crock pot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken.
- In a bowl, combine cream of chicken soup with salsa.
- Pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- When chicken is ready, take chicken out and shred with two forks. Put shredded chicken back in the pot.
Stir in sour cream.
- At this point you can turn off your slow cooker or put it on the "keep warm" setting.
Stir and serve on warm soft tortilla shells or on a salad or mix in one pound cooked pasta.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.