Get two meals out of one preparation! The most amazing chicken pizza with a secret sauce and a second meal for Chicken Tacos!
TWO MEALS/ONE PREPARATION
This blog post today is for all my people that really want to be better at meal planning but know full well that the #struggleisreal! So, what do you do when you aren’t a dazzling meal planner? You try and get two meals out of one! Seriously. One grocery shopping trip, one meal preparation and you get two meals. We use a couple of shortcuts and a few GladWare® containers and we’re meal-prep superstars. So we’ll be making a Chicken Taco Pizza and Chicken Soft Tacos with all of the same ingredients – just switching out the pizza crust with flour tortillas. In addition, any leftovers can be packed back into your GladWare® containers for work or school lunch the next day! Woot!
THE SECRET SAUCE
I am told this sauce tastes like the sauce at Del Taco’s. I have never eaten at Del Taco’s so I’m just gonna have to take their word for it. But it goes SO well on this pizza. Ranch dressing would be a good substitute too. But you definitely gotta try this sauce – at least once. Promise me? First up – Chicken Taco Pizza.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- refrigerated pizza crust
- refried beans
- taco sauce
- rotisserie chicken
- Mexican cheese blend
- shredded lettuce
- soft taco shells*
- lime juice
- chopped cilantro
Cook’s Notes: The ingredient amounts above are for the combined total of both meals. To have enough chicken for two meals, I suggest purchasing (2) family-size rotisserie cooked chickens which should give you enough meat for both meals. You will also need to add soft taco shells to your grocery list.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TACO PIZZA:
Heat oven to 375f degrees. Unroll pizza dough onto an ungreased small cookie sheet. Let dough sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
Prepare secret sauce. Whisk sauce ingredients into a small container. Side note: This is why I love these containers. Not only can I mix ingredients in it and not dirty up another bowl, but it will keep it fresh while hanging out in the fridge.
Cover and pop into the refrigerator until ready to use.
Press dough over the bottom and up along all 4 sides of the cookie sheet. Bake pizza dough for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
In a large GladWare® container, toss chopped chicken with taco sauce.
Place half the refried beans into a microwavable-safe GladWare® bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and then spread beans evenly over the top of the warm pizza crust.
Top beans with half the chicken mixture.
Sprinkle with 2 cups shredded cheese and then add half of the chopped tomatoes and chopped cilantro (to taste.)
Return to oven and bake another 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Drizzle with secret sauce.
Store any leftovers in a GladWare® container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
At this point, I cover all of my GladWare® containers with all the prepared ingredients. Then pop it all into the fridge.
Then the next evening, I take everything out and re-heat the refried beans and shredded chicken (they can be reheated in the GladWare® containers.)
Then set everything out for everyone to help themselves and make their chicken tacos with secret sauce! These would be great with some Mexican rice as a side dish!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? CHECK THESE OUT!
Chicken Taco Pizza (with Secret Sauce)
- 13.8 ounce refrigerated pizza crust
- 31 ounce can refried beans (large can) divided use
- 8 ounce jar taco sauce
- 4 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken, (2) family size, divided use
- 4 cups Mexican cheese blend, divided use
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, divided use
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- soft tortillas (for second meal)
- Heat oven to 375f degrees
- Prepare secret sauce. Whisk sauce ingredients into a small bowl. Put into glad ware container and leave in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Unroll pizza dough onto an ungreased small cookie sheet. Let dough sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Press dough over the bottom and up along all 4 sides of the cookie sheet. Bake pizza dough for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Toss chopped chicken with taco sauce.
- Place refried beans into a microwavable-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and then spread beans evenly over the top of the warm pizza crust.
- Top with the chicken mixture
- Sprinkle with cheese and then add the tomatoes and green onion
- Return to oven and bake another 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with secret sauce.
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Cook’s Notes: Use leftover chicken, tomato and lettuce for chicken tacos
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Original post sponsored by Gladware containers.