Two Meals, One Preparation
This blog post today is for all my peeps that really want to be better at meal planning but know full well that the #struggleisreal! So, what do you do when you aren’t a dazzling meal planner? You try and get two meals out of one! Seriously. One grocery shopping trip, one meal preparation and you get two meals. We use a couple of shortcuts and a few GladWare® containers and we’re meal-prep superstars. So we’ll be making a Chicken Taco Pizza and Chicken Soft Tacos with all of the same ingredients – just switching out the pizza crust with flour tortillas. In addition, any leftovers can be packed back into your GladWare® containers for work or school lunch the next day! Woot!
The Secret Sauce
I am told this sauce tastes like the sauce at Del Taco’s. I have never eaten at Del Taco’s so I’m just gonna have to take their word for it. But it goes SO well on this pizza. Ranch dressing would be a good substitute too. But you definitely gotta try this sauce – at least once. Promise me? First up – Chicken Taco Pizza.
1 (13.8 oz) tube refrigerated pizza crust
1 (31 oz) can refried beans (large), divided use
1 (8 oz) jar taco sauce
4 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken, divided use*
4 cups mexican cheese blend, divided use
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped, divided use
1 cup shredded lettuce
soft taco shells*
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2-3 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Cook’s Notes: The ingredient amounts above are for the combined total of both meals. To have enough chicken for two meals, I suggest purchasing (2) family-size rotisserie cooked chickens which should give you enough meat for both meals. You will also need to add soft taco shells to your grocery list.
Heat oven to 375f degrees. Unroll pizza dough onto an ungreased small cookie sheet. Let dough sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
Prepare secret sauce. Whisk sauce ingredients into a small GladWare® container. Side note: This is why I love these containers. Not only can I mix ingredients in it and not dirty up another bowl, but it will keep it fresh while hanging out in the fridge. And – to be real here – I want to save money too. We lose a lot of money every year on food waste. Food goes bad way too quickly. So making sure our foods stay fresh even longer helps to save money too. And using these containers makes it easy. They are reusable, lightweight, microwave and top-shelf dishwasher safe. Boom!
Cover and pop into the refrigerator until ready to use.
Press dough over the bottom and up along all 4 sides of the cookie sheet. Bake pizza dough for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
In a large GladWare® container, toss chopped chicken with taco sauce.
Place half the refried beans into a microwavable-safe GladWare® bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and then spread beans evenly over the top of the warm pizza crust.
Top beans with half the chicken mixture.
Sprinkle with 2 cups shredded cheese and then add half of the chopped tomatoes and chopped cilantro (to taste.)
Return to oven and bake another 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.Drizzle with secret sauce.
Store any leftovers in a GladWare® container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
At this point, I cover all of my GladWare® containers with all the prepared ingredients. Then pop it all into the fridge.Then the next evening, I take everything out and re-heat the refried beans and shredded chicken (they can be reheated in the GladWare® containers.)
Then set everything out for everyone to help themselves and make their chicken tacos with secret sauce! These would be great with some Mexican rice as a side dish!
Chicken Taco Pizza with Secret SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 1 13.8 oz refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 31 oz refried beans (large can) divided use
- 1 8 oz jar taco sauce
- 4 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken (2) family size, divided use
- 4 cups mexican cheese blend divided use
- 2 cups diced tomatoes divided use
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- soft tortillas for second meal
- Secret Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 375f degrees
- Prepare secret sauce. Whisk sauce ingredients into a small bowl. Put into glad ware container and leave in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Unroll pizza dough onto an ungreased small cookie sheet. Let dough sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Press dough over the bottom and up along all 4 sides of the cookie sheet. Bake pizza dough for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Toss chopped chicken with taco sauce.
- Place refried beans into a microwavable-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and then spread beans evenly over the top of the warm pizza crust.
- Top with the chicken mixture
- Sprinkle with cheese and then add the tomatoes and green onion
- Return to oven and bake another 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with secret sauce.
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Cook’s Notes: Use leftover chicken, tomato and lettuce for chicken tacos
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad Food Protection. The opinions and text are all mine.