1 (14 oz.) jar pizza sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided use
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 lb ground beef (or sausage)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp . Italian Seasoning
- 1 14 oz jar pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups rotini pasta measure before cooking
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided use
- 36 slices pepperoni divided use
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta well.
- Brown ground beef with onion, garlic and Italian seasoning.
Start preheating oven to 350F degrees
- Drain excess grease from ground beef.
- In a large bowl, mix together pizza sauce and water.
- Add in cooked pasta, 1 1/2 cups mozarella cheese, cooked ground beef and 20 slices of pepperoni (that have been sliced in half).
- Stir well.
- Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour in pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place remaining pepperoni slices on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes (until cheese is melted).
Note: I like to spray the inside of the aluminum foil with nonstick spray so the cheese doesn't stick to it while baking or use nonstick aluminum foil. You can substitute the jar of pizza sauce & water for one jar of spaghetti sauce. Have fun with this dish and add more of your favorite pizza toppings like mushrooms & green peppers!