Pizza Pasta Bake
I’ve been in a pizza mood lately. I’ve been craving pizza and anything that tastes like pizza. Did you catch the Pizza Pasta Salad from last week? And now I’m sharing another pizza-inspired recipe: Pizza Pasta Bake.
It’s so fun to make recipes like this because it is just a small twist on the usual pasta dishes. So you can make an easy dish but put a fun spin on it that your whole family can really enjoy. And if you have leftovers, it’s a great dish to reheat at work the next day. Feel free to customize this with other favorite pizza toppings. Well..except for maybe pineapple or anchovies…I’m not sure I’d go there.
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 (14 oz.) jar pizza sauce
3/4 cup water
3 cups rotini pasta (measure before cooking)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided use
36 slices pepperoni, divided use
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 lb ground beef, (or sausage)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 (14 oz) jar pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups rotini pasta, measure before cooking
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided use
- 36 slices pepperoni, divided use
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta well.
- Brown ground beef with onion, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Start preheating oven to 350F degrees
- Drain excess grease from ground beef.
- In a large bowl, mix together pizza sauce and water.
- Add in cooked pasta, 1 1/2 cups mozarella cheese, cooked ground beef and 20 slices of pepperoni (that have been sliced in half).
- Stir well.
- Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour in pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place remaining pepperoni slices on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes (until cheese is melted).