I love a good casserole. You just can’t beat a tasty and filling meal that is all in one baking dish. My Mom made casseroles a lot growing up. Somebody had a baby. You made a casserole. Somebody died. You made a casserole. Got a promotion at work? Let’s celebrate with a casserole.
Casseroles were (and still are) perfect for every occasion. They are so comforting and most casseroles freeze really well. This casserole I’m sharing with you today is creamy, chicken-y deliciousness. We love it so much, we freeze the leftovers to have for a whole other meal later in the week or later in the month. That’s another bonus about casseroles. If you make too much, they make fantastic leftovers.
1 (12 oz.) package egg noodles, cooked & drained
2 (10 oz.) cans chunk chicken breast, drained*
2 (10 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup milk (or water)
1/2 onion, finely diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1 cup panko bread crumbs
Cook’s Update: I have made this with store-bought rotisserie chicken and it works wonderful in this dish!
If you haven’t done so already, cook egg noodles and drain well. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, water, diced onion, shredded cheese and frozen peas and carrots. Stir until combined.
Gently stir in cooked egg noodles.
Pour in baking dish. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs.
Pour melted butter evenly over top of bread crumbs.
Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve warm.
I have a small family so when I make a 9×13 casserole, there is always some leftover. But instead of cutting the recipe in half, I like to make the full size so I can freeze the rest for a whole other meal. It saves me a ton of time on a weeknight when we are super busy with Alex going to teeball or swimming and my husband is just getting home from work and I’m trying to scramble to get ready to go to work for the evening shift. It gets crazy around here at around 5:00 pm, let me tell ya.
But we always do our best to get some time at the table with each other.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 700 kcal
- 1 12 oz package egg noodles cooked and drained
- 2 10 oz cans chunk chicken breast, drained (or store-bought rotisserie chicken)
- 2 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 stick butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, water, diced onion,
- shredded cheese and frozen peas and carrots.
- Stir until combined.
- Gently stir in cooked egg noodles.
- Pour in baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with Panko bread crumbs.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top of bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes until bubbly and top is golden brown.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.