Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
If you’d like, you can turn the broiler on high and broil these for a minute or two until cheese is slighly browned and bubbly.
Serve warm with your favorite sides.
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas with white sauce
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 10 flour tortillas taco size
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or mozzarella
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- salt & pepper & Adobo seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
You can cook your chicken a couple of ways. You can roast a couple of chicken breasts in the oven. Just drizzle a bit of olive oil on them and season with salt and pepper and cook for about 35-45 minutes.
Or you can boil your chicken until cooked. Or you could use a store bought rotisserie chicken. It just depends on how much time you have to prepare this and what flavor you want from your chicken. The roasted and rotisserie chicken are going to give you the most flavor.
Once chicken is cooked, you'll want to shred it using two forks. Or if you have a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, put your chicken in the mixing bowl. Turn mixer on and within a minute your chicken will be perfectly shredded.
Add in 1 cup of shredded cheese to shredded chicken along with salt, pepper and Adobo (if using.)
Place chicken mixture in each of the flour tortillas.
Roll them all up and place them in the baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour and let cook and thicken for 1 minute (don't let it burn).
- Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
Stir in sour cream and green chiles. Be sure not to let the mixture boil.
- Take sauce off the heat and pour it over the enchiladas.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- If you'd like, you can turn the broiler on high and broil these for a minute or two until cheese is slighly browned and bubbly.