This 3-Ingredient Mexican-Style Rice tastes just like the one at the restaurant! Only 15 minutes to make and it only uses only one pan to prepare!
AN EASY RESTAURANT STYLE RICE RECIPE
Do you have any fun traditions for Cinco de Mayo? My family and I usually just do a fun Mexican-inspired dinner to celebrate. One of our favorites is Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas with this Mexican restaurant-style rice. This stuff is crazy-easy to throw together and the taste is amazing thanks to the enchilada sauce.
TIPS FOR MAKING MEXICAN RICE:
- This is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time, then save for later. It reheats beautifully!
- You could also take this rice and make it part of a burrito bowl. Just throw in some chicken and corn and lunch is served - yum! Or wrap it up in a tortilla shell with sliced avocado and black beans. So good and filling. One of my favorite meals!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Basmati rice
- chicken broth
- red enchilada sauce
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN-STYLE RICE:
In a large skillet (or saucepan) stir together the rice, chicken broth and enchilada sauce.
Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil. Stir well. Cover pot and turn down heat to low.
Cook for about 10-15 minutes until rice is tender. Stir mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Optional: top with sliced tomatoes and cilantro when serving
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
3-Ingredient Mexican Rice
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced green onions
- In a large skillet (or saucepan) stir together the rice, chicken broth and enchilada sauce.
- Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil. Stir well. Cover pot and turn down heat to low.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes until rice is tender. Stir mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.