This 3-Ingredient Mexican Rice tastes just like the one at the restaurant! Only 15 minutes to make and it only uses only one pan to prepare
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad Food Protection. The opinions and text are all mine.
3-INGREDIENT MEXICAN RICE
Do you have any fun traditions for Cinco de Mayo? My family and I usually just do a fun Mexican-inspired dinner to celebrate. One of our favorites is CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS with this Mexican restaurant-style rice. This stuff is crazy-easy to throw together and the taste is amazing thanks to the enchilada sauce.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS MEXICAN-STYLE RICE:
- This is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time, then save for later. It reheats beautifully! For work and school lunches, I just put some individual servings into these GladWare® mini bowl containers.
- They are microwaveable, dishwasher and freezer safe. I even chopped up extra tomatoes and cilantro and stored them in a couple of GladWare® containers. They also keep fresh food fresh. Boom!
You could also take this rice and make it part of a burrito bowl. Just throw in some chicken and corn and lunch is served - yum! Or wrap it up in a tortilla shell with sliced avocado and black beans. So good and filling. One of my favorite meals!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
red enchilada sauce
salt & pepper, to taste
sliced green onions
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN-STYLE RED RICE:
In a large skillet (or saucepan) stir together the rice, chicken broth and enchilada sauce.
Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil. Stir well. Cover pot and turn down heat to low.
Cook for about 10-15 minutes until rice is tender. Stir mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste.Optional: top with sliced tomatoes and cilantro when serving
We ate most of this rice for dinner. But I had a little bit leftover so I spooned it into a GladWare® medium rectangle container. I don't want any little bit to go to waste. These containers keep it fresh and I love that I can re-heat my leftovers right in them!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
COPYCAT TACO BELL MEXICAN PIZZA
THE BEST MEXICAN LASAGNA
CROCK POT MEXICAN SHREDDED BEEF
EASY LAYERED TACO BAKE
MOMMA'S SPANISH RICE
THE BEST CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
COPYCAT CHILI'S SALSA
CROCK POT CHICKEN & RICE BURRITO BOWL
3-INGREDIENT MEXICAN RICE
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced green onions
- In a large skillet (or saucepan) stir together the rice, chicken broth and enchilada sauce.
- Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil. Stir well. Cover pot and turn down heat to low.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes until rice is tender. Stir mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Optional: top with sliced tomatoes and cilantro when serving