This cake is simple, it’s chocolate-y, it’s fudgy, it is so incredibly moist and the frosting will make you wanna slap your Momma. Okay, not really, I’d have to smack ya if you ever thought about smacking your Momma. You get what I’m saying. My husband just adores this cake. If you’ve never tried this, I hope you’ll give it a whirl. I’m thinking you’ll be coming back for seconds!
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Double Fudge Coca-Cola Cake
- 1 oz box chocolate fudge cake mix 15.25
- 1 oz small box instant chocolate pudding 4 .
- ingredients listed on back of cake mix box *water not needed eggs & oil
- 1 1/3 cups Coca-Cola
- 1 stick margarine or unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp . unsweetened cocoa
- 4-6 tbsp . heavy cream or milk* see notes below
- 2 cups powdered sugar packed
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions but instead of adding water, you will replace that amount with Coca-Cola.
- Add in dry instant pudding mix to the batter as well.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake according to package directions (usually 35-39 minutes).
- Just before cake is ready to come out of the oven, start making frosting.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, start melting one stick of butter/margarine.
- Add in cocoa powder and heavy cream (or milk, if using) and stir.
- Then stir in confectioners sugar. Stir briskly with a whisk to get all the lumps out.
- Take mixture off heat and add in vanilla extract.
- Once cake comes out of oven, pour frosting over warm cake.
- Do your best to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top, if using.