The Best 7-Up Cake is a moist lemon cake that is made with a jazzed up boxed cake mix and topped with a delicious lemon icing drizzle.
THE BEST 7-UP CAKE
Recently I shared my recipe for DOUBLE FUDGE COCA-COLA CAKE and then I realized, I couldn’t share the Coca-Cola Cake without also sharing the 7-Up Cake. The 7-Up Cake is similar to the Coke Cake in that you don’t really taste the soda as a separate ingredient. It adds flavor and makes it super moist. You could eat this bundt cake without any icing, it is just so incredibly flavorful and moist but I think the slightly tart icing gives the sweet cake a nice pop of flavor.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS BUNDT CAKE:
- Lemon cake mix can be substituted for the yellow cake mix for a more lemon-y flavor.
- This can be made in a 9X13 baking dish if you don’t have a bundt pan.
- Bundt pans need to be greased really well. I like to use the Baker’s Joy spray. It is a nonstick baking spray that has flour in it. It helps release bundt cakes so easily from the pan!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
yellow cake mix
instant lemon pudding
7 Up (or similar lemon lime soda)
HOW TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS 7-UP BUNDT CAKE:
Originally published: January 2012
Updated & republished: August 2020
THE BEST 7-UP CAKE
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 4 oz small box instant lemon pudding
- 3/4 cups 7-Up soda or similar lemon lime soda
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray (that has flour in it) or grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the cake ingredients (cake mix, pudding, 7up, eggs and oil).
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes (until inserted toothpick or fork comes out clean). Allow to cool completely, then remove from bundt pan.
- Start preparing icing. In a small bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add milk in slowly until you've reached desired consistency.
- Pour icing over cake and serve.