Whenever I make any type of bundt cake, I always think of the movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I just love that movie. “What do you mean he don’t eat meat?” “Oh, that’s okay, I make lamb.” There is a scene where Ian’s Mom brings Toula’s family a bundt cake. Toula’s family has never heard of a bundt cake before. “There’s a hole in this cake.” For the life of her, Toula’s Mom cannot figure out how to say it properly. “Boont? Bonk?” She finally decides just to put flowers in the middle where the hole is and leave it at that. So needless to say, ever since I’ve seen that movie, I can’t help but giggle when I pull out the bundt pan to make this 7Up Cake
Recently I shared my recipe for Coca Cola Cake and then I realized, I couldn’t share the Coca Cola Cake without also sharing the 7-Up Cake.The 7-Up Cake is similar to the Coke Cake in that you don’t really taste the soda as a separate ingredient. It adds flavor and makes it super moist.
You could eat this bundt cake without any icing, it is just so incredibly flavorful and moist but I think the slightly tart icing gives the sweet cake a nice pop of flavor. I just love making desserts like this during these cold days of winter. This 7-Up cake is so sunshine-y and the flavors remind you of a tall glass of cold lemonade.
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box (4 oz.) instant lemon pudding
3/4 cups 7 Up (or similar lemon lime soda)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 4 oz small box instant lemon pudding
- 3/4 cups 7Up or similar lemon lime soda
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
Spray 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the cake ingredients (cake mix, pudding, 7up, eggs and oil).
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes (until inserted toothpick or fork comes out clean).
- Allow to cool completely, then remove from bundt pan.
- Start preparing icing.
- If you're using a fresh lemon, you might like to zest a bit of the lemon for more flavor. (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon juice.
- Add milk in slowly until you've reached desired consistency.
- Pour icing over cake and serve.