This is the best Ground Beef Stroganoff. It’s a flavor-filled creamy hamburger gravy that is best served over egg noodles. Budget friendly, family friendly!
HOW DO YOU MAKE GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF
Beef stroganoff. Definitely a comfort food dish. For me, it’s up on the list near fried chicken and okra. I love the humble roots of stroganoff. It isn’t pretentious, it uses simple ingredients and it is a cheap dish that can easily feed your entire family. Just some ground beef, seasonings, an easy gravy mix and boom – dinner is served!
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH BEEF STROGANOFF?
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
Over the years, I’ve sort of tweaked and twisted this recipe. This really is a combination of a few recipes combined into one and I think the result is yummy, filling and it can all be made on the stovetop. You could probably have dinner on the table within 25 minutes.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE BEEF STROGANOFF:
Originally posted: July 2011
Update and republished: April 2019
GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (about 1-2 cloves)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Bring a pot of water to boil and begin to cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef along with the onions and garlic until thoroughly cooked.
- Drain ground beef to remove excess grease from pan. Put pan back on stove over medium heat (don't add the ground beef back in yet.)
- Add butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Then add flour to pan, whisk and let it absorb butter.
- Add beef broth and whisk vigorously to remove any lumps, turning the heat up to high, bringing it to a boil for 2-3 minutes until you see it thicken slightly.
- Bring temperature down to medium and whisk in sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. Stir until mixture is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add salt & pepper. Keep tasting mixture until it is seasoned the way you like. If it gets too thick, just add a tad more beef broth.
- Add ground beef back to mixture until reheated. Serve over egg noodles.