This Maple Glazed Carrots recipe has 4 ingredients and it comes together quickly. Butter, brown sugar and maple syrup make the most amazing glaze!
AN EASY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE
I don't know about you but I'm a side dish kinda gal. I think that is what I love most about buffets and potlucks - all the side dish choices! I get positively giddy. I think I could fill an entire plate up with sides and be as happy as a clam. One of my favorites are these maple glazed carrots.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE MAPLE SYRUP?
Absolutely! You can use honey instead of maple syrup. You can use real maple syrup or the corn syrup kind found in grocery stores. Whatever your family loves and will eat!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- salted butter
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
- baby carrots
HOW TO MAKE GLAZED CARROTS:
In a medium skillet, heat the butter, sugar, and maple syrup over medium heat, stirring until smooth and the butter is melted.
Add the carrots and toss to coat. Cover and reduce the heat to low.
Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender and glazed.
CRAVING MORE? YOU MUST TRY THESE RECIPES!
Maple Glazed Carrots (+Video)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 pound baby carrots
- In a medium skillet, heat the butter, sugar, and maple syrup over medium heat, stirring until smooth and the butter is melted.
- Add the carrots and toss to coat.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender and glazed.
- Honey can be substituted for the maple syrup.
Originally published: October 2011
Updated and republished: September 2019