Crock Pot Million Dollar Mashed Potatoes come out so creamy! Russet potatoes, butter, cream cheese and chicken broth are all you need!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn®. The opinions and text are all mine.
CROCK POT MILLION DOLLAR MASHED POTATOES
Are you ready? Do you have your menu all planned? Are you looking for some great (but easy!) side dishes to impress your guests that won’t have you cooking ALL DAY? Well, I have got the dish for you! These Crock Pot Million Dollar Mashed Potatoes will be a huge hit with your family and friends!
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
Because this recipe uses only a handful of ingredients, it’s important that those ingredients have a lot of flavor. This recipe uses College Inn® Chicken Broth as a main ingredient! College Inn crafts a deeper, richer broth; because every detail matters.
They carefully select the finest, all-natural chicken and farm-grown vegetables. Purposely blend the most flavorful herbs and spices and then finish with a long, slow simmer. The savory taste of College Inn broth is the detail that helps you make any dish and every meal scrumptious! Delicious is definitely in the details.
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT MASHED POTATOES
Don’t over-mash. Don’t use an electric mixer. All of these things will cause the potatoes to turn out like thick glue. You want to mash them just enough to get the big lumps out. But using an electric mixer can often lead to gummy potatoes and no one wants gummy potatoes. 🙂
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
College Inn® Chicken Broth
salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT MASHED POTATOES:
Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks.Place the cut potatoes into the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot.Dot the potatoes with 1 stick of the cubed butter. Season with a little salt and pepper.Pour College Inn® Chicken Broth on top of potatoes.Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Potatoes are ready when fork tender.
Carefully drain the excess broth into a bowl. Pro tip: use the excess broth to make some delicious gravy! See my quick recipe at the end of this post.Place drained potatoes back into the crock pot. Add in remaining stick of cubed butter, cream cheese, milk and salt and pepper to taste.Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth (or leave a little lumpy if that is your preference).Cover and keep potatoes on the warm setting until ready to serve.Then dig in!
Optional: Make them ‘Loaded Mashed Potatoes’ by topping with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled and cooked bacon and sliced green onions.
HOW TO MAKE A DELICIOUS CHICKEN GRAVY:
2 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups of the broth to boiling. Reduce heat to medium.
In small bowl, stir remaining 1/2 cup broth, the flour, salt and pepper with whisk until smooth. Gradually stir mixture into hot broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Serve with your Million Dollar Mashed Potatoes!
CROCK POT MILLION DOLLAR MASHED POTATOES
- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 32 oz carton College Inn Chicken Broth
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup milk or more, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
- Place the cut potatoes into the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot.
- Dot the potatoes with 1 stick of cubed butter.
- Pour College Inn Chicken Broth on top of potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Potatoes are ready when fork tender.
- Carefully drain the excess broth from the cooked potatoes.
- Place back into the crock pot.
- Add in remaining stick of cubed butter, cream cheese, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth (or leave a little lumpy if that is your preference). Add more milk if needed until it gets to a consistency you prefer.
- Cover and keep potatoes on the warm setting until ready to serve.
Make them ‘Loaded Mashed Potatoes’ by topping with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled and cooked bacon and sliced green onions
Looking for more perfect potatoes? Give these recipes a try!
CROCK POT LOADED LITTLE POTATOES
INSTANT POT GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
MOMMA’S BEST MEATLOAF
CROCK POT BEEF TIPS & GRAVY
CROCK POT MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST
CROCK POT CUBED STEAK & GRAVY
CROCK POT SWEDISH MEATBALLS