This easy Crock Pot Corn Casserole recipe is made with Jiffy corn muffin mix, canned sweet corn and is one of the best holiday side dishes!
CROCK POT CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE
Every Thanksgiving, we always do a FRIED TURKEY and traditional sides like MAC & CHEESE, STUFFING and MASHED POTATOES, but I like to introduce at least one new dish a year. And this year, it is this Crock Pot Corn Casserole or as my family calls it, 'Sweet Corn Spoon Bread'. It's a twist between sweet corn bread and corn casserole.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SIDE DISH RECIPE
- If you are going to be taking this to someone's house, it travels well.
- I have tested this recipe in a traditional oval slow cooker and a casserole slow cooker (as you can see in the video and photos). Personally, I found this recipe works best in the casserole slow cooker. It will still turn out in the oval slow cookers but I think the presentation is nicer in the casserole version.
- To make in the oven: Preheat to 375f degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for about 35-45 minutes (until the center is set and not jiggly.)
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
corn muffin mix
cream-style sweet corn
whole kernel sweet corn
honey (or sugar)
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT CORN CASSEROLE:
In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? BE SURE TO GIVE THESE A TRY!
THE BEST CROCK POT STUFFING
CROCK POT MACARONI & CHEESE
COLLARD GREENS WITH HAM BONE
HOW TO FRY A TURKEY
THE BEST SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
TATER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
CROCK POT MILLION DOLLAR MASHED POTATOES
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
BROWN SUGAR PUMPKIN PIE
THE ULTIMATE THANKSGIVING RECIPES
CROCK POT BAKED POTATOES WITH THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS
HOT DOG CORN CASSEROLE
MEXICAN STREET CORN CASSEROLE
THE BEST SCALLOPED POTATOES
CROCK POT SWEET CORN SPOON BREAD
- 2 (8.5 oz) boxes corn muffin mix
- 2 (14.75 oz) cans cream-style sweet corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup honey or sugar
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Spray 4-quart casserole crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Then serve!
Originally published: November 2018
Updated & republished: November 2020