This Crock Pot Creamed Corn is the perfect easy side dish made with simple ingredients to serve during the holidays or anytime! No oven required!
A TASTY CREAMED CORN RECIPE
This Crock Pot Creamed Corn is super creamy, tasty and most of all easy! It only takes a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep. Let the crock pot do all the work and you have an amazing side dish at the end. Serve this with any of your favorite main dishes and you will have yourself a delicious meal. If you are a side dish lover like me then you should really try this Crock Pot Creamed Corn recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes absolutely. You can see how to do that with this recipe.
Yes. This should not affect the cooking time at all. Just swap it out with the same amount of canned corn.
Cooked and crumbled bacon is one that I love. If you want a little heat you can add chopped jalapeños or even use jalapeño cream cheese if it is available in your area.
Yes, if you are planning on making this for a larger crowd you can double this, just make sure that you use a larger crock pot. Cooking times may vary as well.
This can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where it will keep for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in a pan on the stove and heat on medium heat until warmed through and everything is melted and combined.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- granulated sugar
- salt and pepper
- cream cheese
- unsalted butter
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT CREAMED CORN:
Pour drained corn into the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
Pour the milk on top of the corn.
Sprinkle on sugar, salt and pepper. Stir mixture to combine.
Cut the cream cheese into cubes then layer evenly on top of the corn. Cut the butter into thin slices and layer on top of the cream cheese.
Without stirring, cover the slow cooker and cook for 2-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
Once cooking has completed, stir mixture and serve warm.
Top with additional pepper, finely chopped parsley or chives, if desired.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Crock Pot Creamed Corn
- 3 (15 ounce) cans of corn, drained well
- 1 cup milk
- ½ Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
- Optional garnishes: additional freshly ground pepper, finely chopped parsley or chives
- Pour drained corn into the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the milk on top of the corn.
- Sprinkle on sugar, salt and pepper. Stir mixture to combine.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes then layer evenly on top of the corn.
- Cut the butter into thin slices and layer on top of the cream cheese.
- Without stirring, cover the slow cooker and cook for 2-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
- Once cooking has completed, stir mixture and serve warm.
- Top with additional pepper, finely chopped parsley or chives, if desired.
- Frozen corn can be used.
- You can add bacon or jalapeños for some crunch or kick.
- This can be made on the stovetop, see above on how to do that.
- We do not recommend freezing as the texture will change.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Leave a Reply