Frito Corn Salad
Sounds weird but tastes good
BBQ Fritos or Chili Cheese Fritos
1 (12 oz.) bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. taco seasoning
1 (10 1/4 oz.) bag Fritos (regular or chili cheese), crushed
pepper, to taste
- 1 12 oz bag frozen corn kernels thawed
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 10.25 oz bag Fritos crushed (or Chili Cheese Fritos)
- pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine thawed corn, cheese, diced bell pepper and onions.
- Stir well.
- Then add in mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
- Stir until thoroughly combined. Season with pepper (optional)
- Just before serving, stir in crushed Fritos so they stay nice and crunchy.
Some folks put in half the crushed Fritos at the time they make it, then add the other half in right before serving.
Go with what is easiest for you when making this. Using pre-shredded cheese in a bag works just fine. And if you don't have time to thaw out a bag of corn, then use 2 (15 oz.) cans of corn that are drained really well. Also, for a big bump in flavor, try using the chili cheese or BBQ flavored Fritos.