A thick, delicious chili on top of Fritos corn chips makes these amazing meal called Frito Chili Pie! Sometimes called 'walking tacos' too.
FRITO CHILI PIE
WHAT ARE WALKING TACOS?
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
water (or beef broth)
Fritos corn chips
grated cheddar cheese
diced red onion
minced jalapeño peppers
Note: This is a basic, thick chili recipe. If you like chili with beans, add in a can of drained and rinsed kidney beans. Also, if you have it on hand, try beef broth instead of water to give this chili and even "beefier" flavor.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE FRITO CHILI PIE:
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble ground beef along with onions and garlic. Drain excess grease.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cloves small garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- ¾ cup water or beef broth
- 1 (9.25 oz) bag Fritos corn chips can use original or chili cheese flavor
- sour cream
- grated cheddar cheese
- diced red onion
- minced jalapeño peppers
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble ground beef along with onions and garlic. Drain excess grease.
- Add in tomato sauce, paste, seasonings and water (or beef broth).
- Stir well until combined.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and allow mixture to simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Put a handful of Frito chips on a plate or in a bowl.
- Top with chili mixture.
- Then add desired toppings (cheese, onion, jalapeños)