This recipe for The Best Crock Pot Chili gets better as it cooks low and slow in the slow cooker. Ground beef, seasonings and tons of flavor!
THE BEST CROCK POT CHILI
For me, there is nothing more comforting on a cool fall day than some delicious chili and warm CORNBREAD straight out of the oven!
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
CAN I USE TURKEY OR CHICKEN INSTEAD OF GROUND BEEF?
Of course! You can use any meat you prefer in this. Some folks even use venison or ground pork. If you want it to be a bit spicier, you could even add some spicy ground sausage to the meat mixture.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
petite diced tomatoes
dark red kidney beans
salt and pepper
Optional Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, chopped red onions and sour cream
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CROCK POT CHILI:
In a skillet, brown and crumble ground beef with celery, onion and garlic over medium high heat until meat is completely brown and vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
SWEET SOUTHERN CORNBREAD
CROCK POT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
CROCK POT BLACK BEAN CHILI
STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
FRITO CHILI PIE
HOMEMADE HOT DOG CHILI
CORNBREAD WAFFLES WITH CHILI & FIXINS
CROCK POT CHILI CHEESE DOGS
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNBREAD DUMPLINGS
CROCK POT TACO SOUP
THE BEST CHILI MACARONI
THE BEST CROCK POT CHILI
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can refried beans
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onions and sour cream
- In a medium skillet, brown and crumble ground beef with celery, onion and garlic over medium high heat (until meat is completely brown and vegetables are tender.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain excess grease and pour beef mixture into a 4-quart or larger crock pot.
- Open cans of tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans (do not rinse or drain) and refried beans, beef broth and dump those into the crock pot.
- Add chili powder, cumin, Worcestershire sauce and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover with lid and cook on low for 4-6 hours (the longer, the better).
- Taste before serving and add more salt and pepper as necessary.
Originally published: January 2011
Updated & republished: September 2019