Thick and delicious, this Slow Cooker Ultimate Beef Chili uses two different kinds of meat to make the perfect, hearty comfort meal.
A SLOW COOKED HEARTY MEAL
I think we can all agree the chili is one of those meals that is super comforting. When it's cold outside, all I want to do is curl up on the couch with a hot bowl of chili and some crackers and watch a movie. This Slow Cooker Ultimate Beef Chili is packed with all the flavor. I've made it with stew meat and ground beef to really make this a super hearty chili recipe. I love that you can throw this is the slow cooker and not have to lift a finger until it's done and ready for dinnertime. Those are some of the best meals ever, right? If you want a deliciously simple and rich chili, you can't pass up this Slow Cooker Ultimate Beef Chili recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
No, this just really adds to the heartiness and taste to the chili itself. You can just replace it with more ground beef if you'd like.
Absolutely, frozen is just quicker since it is already chopped up for you. Also, frozen vegetables are picked and frozen at the peak of freshness so they really are perfect to use. However, if you really want to use fresh, you absolutely can in this recipe.
Depending on when you are eating this can cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
Some of our favorite chili toppings include: sour cream, cheese, green onions, cilantro, jalapenos, crushed tortilla chips, avocados etc.
After the chili has completely cooled, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Chili can also be frozen. To do this: place in a freezer safe container and store in the freezer where it will keep for up to 6 months. To defrost: remove to refrigerator overnight to defrost and then reheat on stovetop or in microwave until heated through.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- stew beef
- ground beef
- tomatoes with green chiles (like Rotel)
- tomato sauce
- dark red kidney beans
- chili beans (like Bush's Chili Beans or Great Value)
- frozen mixed peppers and onions
- taco seasoning
- chili powder
- granulated sugar
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER ULTIMATE BEEF CHILI:
In a medium skillet brown your ground beef and drain off any fat. Add the cooked ground beef, and the remaining ingredients to your slow cooker.
Stir everything to combine and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours.
When the stew beef is tender, serve topped with your favorite toppings.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Slow Cooker Ultimate Beef Chili (+Video)
- 1 pound stew beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chiles (like Rotel)
- 30 ounce can tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can chili beans in sauce not drained
- 2 cups frozen mixed peppers and onions
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a medium skillet brown and crumble the ground beef and drain off any excess grease.
- Add the cooked ground beef and the remaining ingredients into a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Stir everything to combine and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- When the stew beef is tender, serve topped with your favorite toppings!
- You can substitute the stew meat with more ground beef if desired.
- If you want to use regular vegetables instead of frozen you may swap that.
- This can cook on low for 4-6 hour or high 6-8 hours.
- This can be frozen, see my tips above.
- Regular petite diced tomatoes or fire roasted diced tomatoes can be used instead of the tomatoes with chiles.
- Chili beans are just cooked pinto beans in a chili sauce. I usually purchase Bush's Chili Beans but Walmart has a Great Value brand version that is good. If you can find chili beans, just get a can of pinto beans.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.