CROCK POT BEEF TIPS AND GRAVY
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH BEEF TIPS?
I like serving beef tips over rice to take advantage of all that yummy gravy! You can also serve with my MILLION DOLLAR MASHED POTATOES or just some simple egg noodles. Also, we really love these MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS as a veggie side dish!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
beef chuck roast
lemon pepper seasoning
dry onion soup mix
cream of mushroom soup (lower sodium)
beef broth (low sodium)
flourNote: I am using a Flat Iron cut of Beef Chuck Roast. Any chuck roast will work. I got a great deal at Kroger on this so that’s why I went with this particular cut. Also, you can purchase pre-cut stew meat (like the picture below) to save on time.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE CROCK POT BEEF TIPS:
Add meat to crock pot and give it all a good stir.
Once it’s ready, you can work on the gravy. Now, you can serve this up just as it is when it is ready. But I know some folks like a thicker gravy and it couldn’t be easier to make. In a medium pot, melt two tablespoons of butter. Once it is melted, add in about 3 heaping tablespoons of flour. Whisk it together until smooth. In French cooking terminology, this is called a “roux” (pronounced “roo”.)
Originally posted: January 2011
Updated & Republished: April 2019
CROCK POT BEEF TIPS & GRAVY
- 1 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning, optional
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10.5 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup (lower sodium)
- 1 (14 oz) can of beef broth (low sodium)
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine dry onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup and beef broth. Whisk to combine (don't worry if there are lumps, they will come out as it cooks).
- Cut beef into about 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning on beef.
- Add meat to crock pot and give it all a good stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. You can serve this up just as it is when it is ready or you can easily thicken up the gravy part.
- In a medium pot, melt two tablespoons of butter.
- Once it is melted, add in about 3 heaping tablespoons of flour.
- Whisk it together until smooth.
- Then pour in 2 cups of the beef broth mixture into the butter/flour mixture.
- Whisk it again until smooth, then bring the heat up to high (while whisking briskly the whole time.) It should quickly begin to thicken.
- Once it gets to your desired thickness, take it off the heat and pour it back into your crock pot.
- Then add the beef tips back in and stir well.