Crock Pot Beef Tips and Gravy for the win!
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1 (14 oz.) can of beef broth (low sodium)
3 tbsp. butter
Once it’s ready, you can work on the gravy. Now, you can serve this up just as it is when it is ready. But I know some folks like a thicker gravy and it couldn’t be easier to make. In a medium pot, melt two tablespoons of butter. Once it is melted, add in about 3 heaping tablespoons of flour. Whisk it together until smooth. In French cooking terminology, this is called a “roux” (pronounced “roo”.)
Crock Pot Beef Tips and Gravy
- 1 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning optional
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix
- 1 10.5 oz can of cream of mushroom soup lower sodium
- 1 14 oz can of beef broth low sodium
In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine dry onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup and beef broth. Whisk to combine (don't worry if there are lumps, they will come out as it cooks).
- Cut beef into about 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning on beef.
- Add meat to crock pot and give it all a good stir.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. You can serve this up just as it is when it is ready or you can easily thicken up the gravy part.
- In a medium pot, melt two tablespoons of butter.
- Once it is melted, add in about 3 heaping tablespoons of flour.
- Whisk it together until smooth.
- Then pour in 2 cups of the beef broth mixture into the butter/flour mixture.
Whisk it again until smooth, then bring the heat up to high (while whisking briskly the whole time.) It should quickly begin to thicken.
- Once it gets to your desired thickness, take it off the heat and pour it back into your crock pot.
- Then add the beef tips back in and stir well.
Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or egg noodles!