Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake is made with Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix, canned apple pie filling and melted butter. Topped with vanilla ice cream!
A SIMPLY DELICIOUS APPLE DESSERT
This apple dump cake is the perfect autumn treat. Flavors of cinnamon and spiced apples just scream "FALL!" It's a simple weeknight dessert that is sure to be the perfect ending to any meal!
WHAT IS A DUMP CAKE?
Dump cakes may not have the prettiest name but they get it from the idea of dumping all the ingredients in and then letting it bake. In this case, we're baking in a crock pot. They are some of the simplest but most scrumptious desserts you can make. Perfect for the holidays when oven space is at a premium! Also, this can be made with a single spiced boxed cake mix instead of the packs of muffin mix.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Apple Cinnamon (or Apple Cider) muffin mix
- apple pie filling
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT APPLE DUMP CAKE:
Lightly spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker (crock pot) with no-stick cooking spray.
Pour in two cans of apple pie filling.
Evenly sprinkle two packets of muffin mix on top of the apple pie filling. Make sure it is spread out and not too thick in any area.
Pour melted butter over entire muffin mix. Note: the butter won't cover all the dry muffin mix.
Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours. It took closer to 5 hours in my slow cooker. You want the top to be cooked thoroughly and the apple pie filling should be bubbling up from underneath.
Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake (+Video)
- 2 (7 ounce) packets Martha White Apple Cinnamon muffin mix (or Apple Cider Muffin Mix)
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- Lightly spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker (crock pot) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour in two cans of apple pie filling.
- Evenly sprinkle two packets of muffin mix on top of the apple pie filling.
- Pour melted butter over entire muffin mix (the butter won't cover all the dry muffin mix.)
- Cover and cook on low or 3-5 hours until muffin mix is fully cooked and apple pie filling is bubbly.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.