These Strawberry Muffin Mix Waffles are delicious topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream! A fun twist on strawberry shortcake for breakfast or dessert!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Martha White. The opinions and text are all mine.
STRAWBERRY MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES
TIPS FOR MAKING MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES:
- The possibilities are almost endless and fun to think about. Blueberry waffles, Chocolate chip waffles, Apple Cinnamon waffles and on and on.
- Don't forget those packets of Martha White Cornbread Mix. Those have saved me so many times when I wanted some type of bread with dinner but didn't have a lot of time. They also make great CORNBREAD WAFFLES!
- These muffin mix waffles don't get super crispy on the outside so if you enjoy your waffles that way, keep them in just a few seconds longer to get that crispy crust.
1 pound fresh strawberries
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES:
Waffle maker will beep or a light will flash when ready.
EASY STRAWBERRY MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 packets Martha White Strawberry Muffin Mix
- 1 cup milk
- whipped cream for topping
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Turn it onto a medium-high heat which on many waffle makers would be between number 4 and 5. While it's preheating, hull and slice strawberries.
- Place sliced strawberries into a medium bowl, sprinkle with sugar.
- Stir well, then pop into the fridge until ready to use.
- Mix together packets of muffin mix with milk.
- Combine well (batter will be lumpy.)
- Once waffle maker is ready, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then pour about a cup of batter into the waffle maker. Close the lid.
- Waffle maker will beep or a light will flash when ready.
- Waffles will be soft, like muffins, so be careful to lift it out gently.
- Top with strawberries that you prepared and a squirt (or ten) of whipped cream.