These Strawberry Muffin Mix Waffles are delicious topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream! A fun twist on strawberry shortcake for breakfast or dessert!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Martha White. The opinions and text are all mine.
STRAWBERRY MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES
So my family had just gotten done eating some MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST and the first thing my husband says to me is "So, what's for dessert?" Um, what? Really? This gorgeous, tender, amazingly good pot roast hasn't even been in your belly 10 minutes and you're already asking about dessert? I knew I had Martha White Strawberry Cheesecake Muffin Mix that I had sitting in my pantry and decided to give it a shot. Strawberry Muffin Mix Waffles were born! Literally, 4 minutes later, we had dessert. It's like the most fun version of strawberry shortcake ever!
TIPS FOR MAKING MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES:
- The possibilities are almost endless and fun to think about. Blueberry waffles, Chocolate chip waffles, Apple Cinnamon waffles and on and on.
- Don't forget those packets of Martha White Cornbread Mix. Those have saved me so many times when I wanted some type of bread with dinner but didn't have a lot of time. They also make great CORNBREAD WAFFLES!
- These muffin mix waffles don't get super crispy on the outside so if you enjoy your waffles that way, keep them in just a few seconds longer to get that crispy crust.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
Martha White Strawberry (or Strawberry Cheesecake) Muffin Mix
whipped cream, for topping
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES:
Preheat waffle maker. Turn it onto a medium-high heat which on many waffle makers would be between number 4 and 5. While it's preheating, hull and slice strawberries. Place sliced strawberries into a medium bowl, sprinkle with sugar. Stir well, then pop into the fridge until ready to use.
Mix together packets of muffin mix with milk. Combine well (batter will be lumpy).
Once waffle maker is ready, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Then pour about a cup of batter into the waffle maker. Close the lid. Note: I have a Belgian waffle maker so these are pretty thick. Please adjust batter amounts according to your waffle maker manufacturer's instructions.
Waffle maker will beep or a light will flash when ready.
Top with strawberries that you prepared and a squirt (or ten) of whipped cream. This recipe should make 3 Belgian-style waffles. I freeze any that we don't eat.
EASY STRAWBERRY MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 packets Martha White Strawberry Muffin Mix
- 1 cup milk
- whipped cream for topping
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Turn it onto a medium-high heat which on many waffle makers would be between number 4 and 5. While it's preheating, hull and slice strawberries.
- Place sliced strawberries into a medium bowl, sprinkle with sugar.
- Stir well, then pop into the fridge until ready to use.
- Mix together packets of muffin mix with milk.
- Combine well (batter will be lumpy.)
- Once waffle maker is ready, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then pour about a cup of batter into the waffle maker. Close the lid.
- Waffle maker will beep or a light will flash when ready.
- Waffles will be soft, like muffins, so be careful to lift it out gently.
- Top with strawberries that you prepared and a squirt (or ten) of whipped cream.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.