Cornbread Waffles with Chili
2 packs Martha White Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
1 1/3 cups milk
2 (15 oz) cans chili
Toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese
- 2 packets Martha White Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 (30 oz) cans chili
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese
- Preheat your waffle iron to a medium-high setting.
- If your waffle iron has a number setting, set it to a number 4 (higher if you want a darker, crispier waffle.)
- Also at this point you will want to start heating up your chili.
- Pour both cans of chili into a covered pot and heat up until warmed through or pop it into a microwave-safe bowl and heat until warmed through.
- In a medium bowl, combine both packs of cornbread mix with eggs and milk.
- Stir well until combined.
- Once your waffle iron is heated, spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour one cup of cornbread mix onto waffle iron.
- Depending on your type of waffle iron, the light will come on or it will beep when ready.
- Once they are all cooked up, it’s time for toppings!
- Top waffles with chili, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream and shredded cheese.
Lots of ways to change this up! Use any of the Martha White Cornbread Mixes to change up the flavor. There's Cotton Pickin' Cornbread, Sweet Yellow Cornbread and Regular Yellow Cornbread. Also, you could use a beef taco filling instead of chili! Make it into a waffle bar! Or make it like a breakfast waffle. Use the Sweet Yellow Cornbread mix and add cooked bacon or cooked and crumbled sausage. And then serve with warm maple syrup!