Cornbread Waffles with Chili
2 packs Martha White Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
1 1/3 cups milk
2 (15 oz) cans chili
Toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese
Cornbread Waffles with Chili and Fixins'
- 2 packets Martha White Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 (30 oz) cans chili
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese
- Preheat your waffle iron to a medium-high setting.
- If your waffle iron has a number setting, set it to a number 4 (higher if you want a darker, crispier waffle.)
- Also at this point you will want to start heating up your chili.
- Pour both cans of chili into a covered pot and heat up until warmed through or pop it into a microwave-safe bowl and heat until warmed through.
- In a medium bowl, combine both packs of cornbread mix with eggs and milk.
- Stir well until combined.
- Once your waffle iron is heated, spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour one cup of cornbread mix onto waffle iron.
- Depending on your type of waffle iron, the light will come on or it will beep when ready.
- Once they are all cooked up, it’s time for toppings!
- Top waffles with chili, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream and shredded cheese.