Cornbread waffles with chili and fixins' is one of our favorite weeknight meals. Easy to make and the two flavors were meant to go together!
CORNBREAD WAFFLES WITH CHILI & FIXINS'
CORNBREAD WAFFLE BAR
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE CORNBREAD WAFFLES WITH CHILI & FIXINS':
THE BEST BACON CORNBREAD
CORNBREAD CHICKEN CASSEROLE
BEEFY CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
STRAWBERRY MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES
THE BEST CROCK POT CHILI
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNBREAD DUMPLINGS
CHEESEBURGER AND FRIES CASSEROLE
BEST GAME DAY RECIPES
DORITO TACO CASSEROLE
CORNBREAD WAFFLES WITH CHILI AND FIXINS'
- 2 packets Martha White Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 (30 oz) cans chili
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese
- Preheat your waffle iron to a medium-high setting.
- If your waffle iron has a number setting, set it to a number 4 (higher if you want a darker, crispier waffle.)
- Also at this point you will want to start heating up your chili.
- Pour both cans of chili into a covered pot and heat up until warmed through or pop it into a microwave-safe bowl and heat until warmed through.
- In a medium bowl, combine both packs of cornbread mix with eggs and milk.
- Stir well until combined.
- Once your waffle iron is heated, spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour one cup of cornbread mix onto waffle iron.
- Depending on your type of waffle iron, the light will come on or it will beep when ready.
- Once they are all cooked up, it’s time for toppings!
- Top waffles with chili, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream and shredded cheese.