Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake
Easy and yummy
The name Dump Cake actually comes from the fact that you are “dumping” almost all the ingredients in a bowl to mix and then you “dump” dry cake mix on top before baking. Dump cakes are easy to make but full of flavor. I feel like I use that word “easy” a lot. But that is a big part of how I cook. I like easy. I like quick. I like things that aren’t a lot of fuss.
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie mix
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted 2 sticks
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon until well-combined.
- It will be very liquid-y.
- Pour this pumpkin mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes.
- It might still be just a bit jiggly in the middle when done.
- It will continue to set up as it cools.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Dollop each serving with a bit of whipped cream. Refrigerate any leftovers.