This is a sponsored post for The Little Potato Company. All opinions and text are my own.
Crock Pot Sausage and Potatoes
Plus, as a Momma, I want him to grow up to be able to properly cook for himself and his family. He’s not super interested in cooking but it’s an important skill that he needs to know like doing laundry, cleaning the house and making sure his feet don’t stink!This meal is SO good! It’s creamy and so, so flavorful! There are lots of ways you can change this up to make it just how your family would enjoy it. For example, you could use hot dogs in this instead of sausage. You can also leave the onions out if your kiddos would balk at seeing those in there. And don’t let the cream of mushroom soup scare you off. I hate mushrooms. They are so gross to me. But I love the cream of mushroom soup in this – weird, right? I would not substitute it and my husband (who also doesn’t like mushrooms) had no idea we even used the cream of mushroom soup in this. He gobbled it up! Plus, you could add in other veggies your family enjoys in this. The Little Potato creamer potatoes are packed with nutrition all on their own. I like using these Terrific Trio varietals because they add such pretty color and flavor. But you could certainly use the Baby Boomer yellow creamer potatoes. The cajun seasoning adds just a small kick of flavor. You can half that amount if anyone in your family is sensitive to pepper.
- 1 1.5 lb bag Terrific Trio Little Potatoes sliced in half
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 1 10 oz package smoked sausage
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- Place potatoes, sausage and onions into 4-quart slow cooker.
- Season potatoes and sausage with cajun seasoning.
- Then spread cream of mushroom soup over the top.
- Stir mixture to combine.
- Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours (until potatoes are fork tender.)
- Stir before serving.