This One Pan Potato Sausage Bake is full of flavor with Italian seasonings, onions and peppers and chicken stock. Made all in one skillet!
AN EASY ONE PAN DINNER
If there is one vegetable I can get my whole family to eat, it’s potatoes. My son absolutely adores them (just like his Momma!) So, I found that a great way to get him to try new foods is to add potatoes into the mix. For this recipe, I wanted to make it a whole, one pan meal. So I added smoked sausage (another kiddo-favorite.)
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SAUSAGE POTATO ONE PAN MEAL:
- Use our favorite smoked sausage here. Turkey sausage or vegetarian sausages will all work with this recipe.
- Use your favorite potatoes with this recipe. I love the colors in this so try experimenting with the colorful potatoes.
- Italian seasoning (or your favorite seasonings) can be used in place of the rosemary and thyme.
- Peppers can be omitted. Mushrooms can be added if you love fresh mushrooms.
- I have made a similar recipe in my AIR FRYER so be sure to check that one out!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- smoked sausage
- baby potatoes
- green bell pepper
- red or orange bell pepper
- chicken stock
- olive oil
- dried rosemary
- dried thyme
- salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE ONE PAN POTATO SAUSAGE BAKE:
Preheat oven to 400° F. Combine sausage, potatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, chicken broth, olive oil, rosemary, thyme and salt & pepper in a large bowl. Stir well to make sure everything is coated with seasonings.
Pour mixture into a large cast iron pan or 9×13 baking dish.
Place in the oven (uncovered).
Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Give the mixture a gentle stir after removing from the oven. Then serve!
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
One Pan Potato Sausage Bake
- 1 package smoked sausage cut into 1- slices
- 3 pounds Terrific Trio Little Potatoes (or any baby potatoes) sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine sausage, potatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, chicken broth, olive oil, rosemary, thyme and salt & pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir well to make sure everything is coated with seasonings.
- Pour mixture into a large cast iron pan or 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place in the oven (uncovered).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- Give the mixture a gentle stir after removing from the oven. Then serve!
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.