This is a sponsored post for Eggland’s Best eggs. All opinions and text are my own.
I am big on Sunday breakfast. My breakfast routine throughout the week is sketchy at best. But Sunday is the day when everyone is home and we have the chance to sit down and eat breakfast together. Not that it has to be a big to-do but it’s a great day for us to take a breather and eat a proper breakfast. You know, something other than cereal.
Sausage, Egg, Cheese Biscuit Casserole
Eggland’s Best eggs not only add nutrition (double the Omega 3’s, 10x more Vitamin E, 25% less saturated fat, 5x more Vitamin D, and more Vitamin B12 and Lutein compared to ordinary eggs), but it adds a good boost of protein.I also added in a little touch of gravy too which I think takes this over the top and adds such great flavor to the whole dish.
You could even throw some green peppers and onions in here too. Mmm. Mmm. So many options! You could switch out bacon for the sausage. Whatever your family loves!
1 (16 oz.) can jumbo buttermilk biscuits
1 lb. hot sausage, cooked & crumbled
2 cups Colby & Monterey Jack cheeses, shredded
6 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
salt & pepper, to taste
1 (2.75 oz.) packet country sausage gravy
2 cups water
Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Cut each biscuit into eighths.
- 1 16 oz can jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb hot sausage cooked & crumbled
- 2 cups colby & monterey Jack cheeses shredded
- 6 large Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 2.75 oz packet country sausage gravy
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
- Cut each biscuit into eighths.
- Line bottom of the pan with the biscuits.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage evenly over biscuits.
- Then sprinkle shredded cheese over sausage.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs with milk (for two minutes) and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the cheese layer.
- In a medium bowl, combine packet of gravy mix with 2 cups water.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour gravy over egg mixture layer.
- Cover and bake for about 45-55 minutes.
- Slice and serve!