This is a sponsored post for Eggland’s Best Eggs. All opinions are my own.
Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
Eggs, Sausage, Cheese and Hash Browns
1 pound spicy ground sausage*
1 (1 lb.) pack shredded hash browns*
8 large Egglands Best Eggs
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
1 pack (10) soft taco-sized tortillas
salsa and sour cream, for serving
*Cook’s Note: This sausage was really not spicy or hot to us. It gave the burritos some additional flavor. Burritos may be frozen up to 6 months. This recipe is easily doubled. And instead of hash browns, try using cooked rice!
- 1 pound spicy ground sausage
- 1 lb pack shredded hash browns
- 8 large Egglands Best Eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (10)pack pack soft taco-sized tortillas
- salsa and sour cream for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage.
- Once cooked, set aside sausage to drain and cool on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Do not drain grease.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high on the same skillet and add the shredded potatoes.
- Season potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste).
- Ensure the potatoes cook in a single layer, making sure to press down the potatoes with a spatula. Flip after a few minutes and continue until potatoes are brown and crispy.
- You may need to add a tablespoon or two of oil to the skillet.
- Once browned, set aside the cooked potatoes on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Crack 8 eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup water and whisk vigorously combined.
- Turn skillet down to medium-low.
- Pour in eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook eggs slowly until thoroughly cooked.
- Set aside scrambled eggs into a bowl or on a plate.
- Take skillet off heat.
- Set up an assembly line of all the ingredients.
- Starting with the soft taco, add a layer of sausage, then a layer of shredded potatoes, scrambled eggs and finally finishing with cheddar cheese.
- Gather in the ends of the burrito and carefully roll up and place burrito seam side down.
- Continue with the additional nine burritos.
- Once completed, wrap each burrito with plastic wrap then place into a freezer-safe bag.
- Mark the outside of the bag with the contents and date.
- When ready to reheat, remove burrito from freezer bag, unwrap from plastic wrap then place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Reheat for about 1-2 minutes (until thoroughly warmed).
Serve with salsa and sour cream (optional).
Most spicy breakfast sausage isn’t that spicy. It will add great flavor to this. But if you are sensitive to spice, use the mild sausage. In addition, you can always kick up the heat by using pepper jack cheese. Burritos may be frozen up to 6 months. This recipe may be doubled.