Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast. Sausage, egg, cheese and hash browns all rolled up in a tortilla!
FREEZER-FRIENDLY BREAKFAST BURRITOS
EGGS, CHEESE, SAUSAGE AND HASH BROWNS
shredded hash browns
shredded cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
soft taco-sized tortillas
salsa and sour cream, for serving
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST BURRITOS:
Stir and cook eggs slowly until thoroughly cooked.Set aside scrambled eggs into a bowl or on a plate. Take skillet off heat. Set up an assembly line of all the ingredients.
Then place into a freezer-safe bag. Mark the outside of the bag with the contents and date.When ready to reheat, remove burrito from freezer bag, unwrap from plastic wrap then place on a microwave-safe plate. Reheat for about 1-2 minutes (until thoroughly warmed).
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
PANCAKE & SAUSAGE MUFFINS
HAM, EGG & CHEESE BREAKFAST SLIDERS
HOMEMADE CROCK POT CINNAMON ROLLS
SAUSAGE, EGG & CHEESE BREAKFAST ROLLS
MAKE-AHEAD BREAKFAST BOWLS
EASY BAKED FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
THE BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
CHOCOLATE CHIP COFFEE CAKE
WARM HONEY HAM BISCUITS
BREAKFAST BURRITOS (FREEZER-FRIENDLY)
- 1 pound spicy ground sausage
- 1 lb pack shredded hash browns
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (10) pack soft taco-sized tortillas
- salsa and sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage.
- Once cooked, set aside sausage to drain and cool on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Do not drain grease.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high on the same skillet and add the shredded potatoes.
- Season potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste).
- Ensure the potatoes cook in a single layer, making sure to press down the potatoes with a spatula. Flip after a few minutes and continue until potatoes are brown and crispy.
- You may need to add a tablespoon or two of oil to the skillet.
- Once browned, set aside the cooked potatoes on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Crack 8 eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup water and whisk vigorously combined.
- Turn skillet down to medium-low.
- Pour in eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook eggs slowly until thoroughly cooked.
- Set aside scrambled eggs into a bowl or on a plate.
- Take skillet off heat.
- Set up an assembly line of all the ingredients.
- Starting with the soft taco, add a layer of sausage, then a layer of shredded potatoes, scrambled eggs and finally finishing with cheddar cheese.
- Gather in the ends of the burrito and carefully roll up and place burrito seam side down.
- Continue with the additional nine burritos.
- Once completed, wrap each burrito with plastic wrap then place into a freezer-safe bag.
- Mark the outside of the bag with the contents and date.
- When ready to reheat, remove burrito from freezer bag, unwrap from plastic wrap then place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Reheat for about 1-2 minutes (until thoroughly warmed).