A fun breakfast side dish, this crispy Air Fryer Twisted Bacon is a unique and easy way to achieve perfectly cooked bacon!
A FUN AIR FRYER BACON RECIPE
Everything's better with bacon right? I think that statement really holds true, I love bacon in things, on things and by itself. This Air Fryer Twisted Bacon is one of my favorites. It is super easy to make using only one ingredient and it gives me the ability to use my air fryer for breakfast. If you know me, I love to use my air fryer whenever I can and this recipe is perfect for it! This bacon is great with all the things and literally is foolproof to make. So if you want a new way to eat your bacon then you absolutely have to try this Air Fryer Twisted Bacon Recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I like to use Center Cut Bacon for this, this ensures that it will fit in your air fryer since it's a little shorter than standard bacon. You can also use regular bacon and cut it in half, or if your air fryer will accommodate, you can use full length as well.
You can, you will just need to adjust the cooking time on it. The thicker the bacon, the longer the cooking time. I would check after the recommended cooking time and see how crispy your bacon is and then if it is still a little raw add a few more minutes onto the cooking time.
Twisting bacon results in an even cook of the bacon making every bite crisp and delicious. It also keeps the bacon moist due to some of the bacon drippings being caught in the twist of the bacon.
This is a personal preference. Everyone likes their bacon to a certain crispiness. So keep an eye out and stop cooking when your desired crispness is achieved.
Yes! If you do not have an air fryer or would rather just bake the twisted bacon, you can do that. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the bacon as instructed below. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, flip the bacon and then bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate to drain and then serve.
Absolutely! This works with both, so feel free to use your favorite. Just keep an eye on cooking time as turkey bacon or other alternative bacon might cook faster.
If you have leftovers they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- center-cut bacon
- salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER TWISTED BACON:
If your air fryer requires preheating, preheat it now to 350°F. Take one strip of bacon and twirl/twist it to form a long rope, I find the tighter the twirl the better the shape will be for the finished product. Lay the twisted bacon into the basket of the air fryer, not touching. You may need to do this in batches. Optional: Season the bacon strips with a little salt and pepper.
Air fry for 6-10 minutes, depending on how thick the bacon is and your desired crispness.
Take the twisted bacon out with a tong and place it on a paper-towel-lined plate to catch any excess drippings with your air fry the rest of the bacon.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Air Fryer Twisted Bacon
- 12 ounces center-cut bacon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Take one strip of bacon and twirl/twist it to form a long rope, I find the tighter the twirl the better the shape will be for the finished product.
- Lay the twisted bacon into the basket of the air fryer, not touching. You may need to do this in batches. Optional: Season bacon with salt and pepper.
- Air fry for 6-10 minutes, depending on how thick the bacon is and your desired crispness.
- Take the twisted bacon out with a tong and place it on a paper-towel-lined plate to catch any excess drippings with your air fry the rest of the bacon.
- We like center-cut bacon but you can use regular, just cut it in half.
- Easily double this recipe but make sure to cook in batches.
- You can use turkey bacon if you'd like.
- This can be baked, see my tips above.