2 tbsp. olive oil (or vegetable oil)
salt & pepper, to taste
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup) – REAL salted butter, not margarine
8 peperoncini peppers
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- 1 3 lb chuck roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick
- 8 peperoncini peppers
- Heat up a large skillet on high.
- Add oil to hot skillet.
- You want it really hot here to brown or "sear" the beef quickly.
- Take a paper towel and make sure you dry both sides of the pot roast.
- Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Once the skillet is nice and hot, add the roast.
- Allow the roast to cook for about 2-3 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Using tongs, flip the meat over and sear the other side of the roast for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle packets of dry ranch dressing and onion soup mixes over pot roast.
- Top with a stick of butter then place peppers on and around roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Take two forks and start shredding the meat.
- Discard any big fatty pieces.
You can skip the browning step if you are in a rush, or just don’t feel like it. If you prefer, you can cut up the peppers and stir those into the meat mixture for an extra kick of flavor.
Serve with mashed potatoes.
You may also like…Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken