Homemade Ranch Seasoning
Easy ranch dressing
Maybe other than the Buttermilk Powder, you probably have all of these things in your pantry. Buttermilk powder can be found with all the other milk powders in the baking aisle of the grocery store. If you can’t find the buttermilk powder, you can always substitute with regular milk powder or just leave it out all together.
2/3 cup buttermilk powder
1/4 cup dried parsley
1 1/2 tbsp. dried minced onion
1 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
3 tsp. dried dill
2 tsp. dried chives
2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. salt
Here’s a free printable to attach to your jar. Just click HERE or on the photo below to print (double-sided).
Give it a try in these recipes: Mississippi Pot Roast
- 2/3 cup buttermilk powder
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 3 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- In an airtight container (I love mason jars!), add in all the ingredients:
- Put on the lid tightly and give it all a good shake.
- This needs to be stored in the refrigerator because of the buttermilk powder.
- It can be stored up to 3 months.
- Shake before each use.
3 tbsp. of this mix = 1 packet of the store-bought seasoning mix
To Make Ranch Dressing: Combine 1 tbsp. seasoning mix with 1/3 cup mayo (or Greek yogurt) and 1/3 cup milk; whisk to combine.