1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp dried dill or 1 tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 tsp dried parsley or 1 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- You want to make sure you really mince your garlic.
- I have a garlic press so I used that but if you are chopping it up by hand, get it as finely minced as you can.
- The fresh garlic adds a ton of flavor to the dressing.
- Store in a jar or bowl with a lid in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- This dressing will thicken up slightly as it sits in the fridge.
- Also, I think it gets even better tasting after it's been in the refrigerator for at least a day.
- It really helps the flavors come together.
If you want a thicker dressing, to use more for dipping, try substituting sour cream or plain yogurt for the buttermilk.