Creamy Cucumber Salad
I just adore cucumbers and slicing them up brings back a flood of memories of my childhood years. If you’ve never eaten cucumber in vinegar or in a creamed salad before, these recipes might sound really weird or strange. I guess it is one of those things that you just gotta grow up eating to truly appreciate. But I’m thinking, if you give them a try, you just might grow to love these simple but tasty cucumber dishes.
Fresh cucumbers and fresh dill
2 long English cucumbers
1/2 cup sliced red (or white) onion
½ cup sour cream
3 tbsp mayonnaise
¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
3 tablespoons white vinegar
½ teaspoon white sugar
salt, to taste
Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and slice into ¼” slices. Place them in a bowl along with sliced red onions.
- 2 long English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup sliced red (or white) onions
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh dill chopped
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- salt to taste
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out the seeds and slice into ¼" slices.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and toss with cucumbers and onions.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.