Blast from the past
Carrot Raisin Salad
Updated & Re-published: March 2019
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup warm water or apple juice (or use leftover pineapple juice)
- 1 small can of pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 pound carrots
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Put raisins in a cup of very warm water (or warmed up apple juice) so they plump back up.
- Once they plump up, drain water or juice.
- Drain pineapple of excess juices.
- Peel carrots and then grate them.
- If making a double batch of this salad, it may be faster to use the grater on your food processor.
- In a medium bowl, toss grated carrots with mayo and sugar.
- Then add in raisins and pineapple and stir until combined.
Cover and put in the fridge to chill thoroughly. Give it another good stir before serving.