This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bush Brothers & Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
I have a twofer for y’all today. This could be your whole Memorial Day meal right here. Boom! It’s a unique take on the usual grilled BBQ chicken but it’s ridiculously easy. And because we’re grilling all of it – it makes for easy clean up and we’re keeping the dirty dishes to a minimum. The pineapple in the beans and the pineapple juice in the chicken marinade makes this the perfect powerhouse combination. I am using the *NEW* BUSH’S® Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans®that I am super excited about. The flavor in these BUSH’S® Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans® is outrageous. I gotta say, I am genuinely loving these. They aren’t too spicy (my 11 year old raved about them) but the flavor is complex and it will taste like you spent hours making them! BUSH’S Grillin’ Beans are a true summer grilling essential, made with just the right mix of bold, mouthwatering flavors and a touch of sweetness to please every palette – available in five flavors: Bourbon and Brown Sugar, Smokehouse Tradition, Southern Pit Barbeque, Steakhouse Recipe and now this new Honey Chipotle recipe!
Pineapple in beans?
I know, you’re thinking “Girl, stop. Nope. Uh-uh.” And a few years ago, I probably would have agreed with that. But it is so good though! Really, it is no different than adding something sweet like molasses or brown sugar. But in this case, it doesn’t add crazy-sweetness but it adds texture. And it’s that texture that really adds a whole new dimension of flavor I think you will really love!
Combine all of that with the sweet and smoky flavor of grilled pineapple (like those of the BUSH’S Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans) and you are gonna elevate your Memorial Day BBQ to the next level! Don’t short change your best bean dishes by buying just any beans. Always keep BUSH’S Beans in your pantry! 😉
For the chicken:
1 (15 oz) can pineapple slices in pineapple juice (not heavy syrup)
1 (21 oz) bottle BBQ sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup vegetable (or olive) oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
chopped cilantro, for serving (optional)
For the beans:
2 (21.5 oz) cans BUSH’S® Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans®
1 sweet onion, finely diced
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drainedDirections:
Place chicken breasts into zip-top resealable bag. Pour half the marinade into the bag. Seal up the bag and ensure the chicken is coated well with the marinade. Place into the refrigerator and marinate for at least an hour (overnight is best).
- For the chicken:
- 1 15 oz can pineapple slices in pineapple juice (not heavy syrup)
- 1 21 oz bottle BBQ sauce use your favorite
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- chopped cilantro for serving (optional)
- For the beans:
- 2 21.5 oz cans BUSH’S® Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans®
- 1 sweet onion finely diced
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple drained well
For the chicken: Drain pineapple juice into a medium bowl, set aside sliced pineapple for later use. Add BBQ sauce, soy sauce, garlic and oil to pineapple juice and whisk together well.
- Place chicken breasts into zip-top resealable bag. Pour half the marinade into the bag. Seal up the bag and ensure the chicken is coated well with the marinade. Place into the refrigerator and marinate for at least an hour (overnight is best).
- Cover the rest of the BBQ sauce with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for later.
For the beans: Spray a grill-safe, 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Pour both cans of BUSH’S® Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans® into skillet.
- Add in diced onion and drained, crushed pineapple.Stir well.
Preheat grill to low heat (350f degrees). Place beans on the grill and cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes, stirring once during cooking, until thickened and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from bag (discarding the bag and marinade) and grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 165f degrees.
- Carefully remove beans once finished cooking, then add pineapple slices to the grill for about 2-3 minutes on each side until slightly charred.
- When chicken is finished cooking, brush with reserved sauce.
- Top with chopped cilantro and serve with grilled pineapple slices and beans.