Grilled Italian Lemon Garlic Chicken
I’ve been making this recipe for years. I always have the ingredients on hand and it is perfect for flavorful, healthy chicken. I realized as I started making up the marinade that I hadn’t actually shared it on the blog yet. So I quickly ran and grabbed my camera and took some photos so I could share it with y’all. It is amazing all by itself but I also like to cook up an extra batch to have in my salads throughout the week. It’s also great sliced and made into chicken wraps.
1 gallon-size Ziploc bag
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 lemon, sliced
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Close lid on grill and cook each side of the chicken for about 6-8 minutes (per side, depending on the thickness of your meat.) It helps to use a meat thermometer when grilling. You want your chicken cooked to 165f degrees (measure the thickest part of the meat).
This Grilled Italian Lemon Garlic Chicken is simple to make but it is so flavorful. Everyone always asks for the recipe! Healthy and delicious.
- 1 gallon Ziploc bag
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Place all the ingredients (minus the chicken breasts) into the Ziploc bag.
- Seal it up and mix all the ingredients together by shaking the bag.
- Then add in your chicken breasts and seal the bag again (removing as much air as possible), then massage the marinade into the chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Spray your grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place marinated chicken on the grill and discard any excess marinade.
- Close lid on grill and cook each side of the chicken for about 7-9 minutes (per side.)
- It helps to use a meat thermometer when grilling.
- You want your chicken cooked to 165f degrees (measure the thickest part of the meat.)
I do like to keep the lemon slices. I will place them on the uppermost part of my grill rack while the chicken is cooking. Serve with a nice, green salad and veggies!