Honey Lime Chicken Skewers
Hi everyone! Holly here again from Life In The Lofthouse bringing you delicious and easy Honey Lime Chicken Skewers. These are so good and packed with a sweet and zesty flavor! With the temps getting higher and summer almost here, we love using our outdoor grill for dinners. I try to avoid using my oven at all costs. It’s amazing how fast it can heat up your house.
These chicken skewers are a favorite of ours; we make them every summer. The chicken is marinated in honey, lime, and a few other simple ingredients. It’s what makes this chicken so delicious! Serve these with a side of rice and veggie, and it makes for one great summer meal!
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil
juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
3 – 4 skewers (metal or wooden)Directions:
Cook’s Note: if using wooden skewers make sure to soak in water at least 15 minutes)
Grill over medium heat, 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked in center.
Honey Lime Chicken SkewersPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce hot chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 4 skewers
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, oil, lime juice, Sriracha sauce, garlic and cilantro.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the diced chicken pieces to marinade.
- Gently stir to coat in marinade.
- Cover bowl tightly.
- Place in fridge and let marinate at least 1 hour, up to 3 hours.
- Thread 8 to 9 pieces of chicken onto each skewer. (if using wooden skewers make sure to soak in water at least 15 minutes)
- Grill over medium heat, 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked in center.
Recipe credit Honest Cooking