HOMEMADE CARROT RAISIN SALAD
CHICK-FIL-A CARROT RAISIN SALAD
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE HOMEMADE CARROT SALAD:
Put raisins in a cup of very warm water (or warmed up apple juice/ leftover pineapple juice) so they plump back up. Once they plump back up, discard the liquid.
Give it another good stir before serving. Enjoy!
Updated & Re-published: March 2019
Homemade Carrot Raisin Salad
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup warm water or apple juice (or use leftover pineapple juice)
- 1 small can of pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 pound carrots
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Put raisins in a cup of very warm water (or warmed up apple juice) so they plump back up.
- Once they plump up, drain water or juice.
- Drain pineapple of excess juices.
- Peel carrots and then grate them.
- If making a double batch of this salad, it may be faster to use the grater on your food processor.
- In a medium bowl, toss grated carrots with mayo and sugar.
- Then add in raisins and pineapple and stir until combined.
- Cover and put in the fridge to chill thoroughly. Give it another good stir before serving.