Want to get the perfect blend of spices to make your own Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix? This is it! All the flavors are perfectly balanced!
WHAT IS PUMPKIN PIE SPICE?
Often times recipes will call for mixed spices - like Pumpkin Pie Spice or Apple Pie Spice. Or sometimes it's a seasoning mix like TACO SEASONING or RANCH SEASONING. These are just a blend of several different spices and seasonings to create the perfect flavor. A lot of times, you may have all the individual ingredients to make that particular spice mix, but not necessarily the combination.
WHAT RECIPES CAN I MAKE WITH PUMPKIN PIE SPICE?
Once you make up these spice mixes, you can use them for all kinds of things (not just PUMPKIN PIE!) For example, Pumpkin Pie Spice is delicious sprinkled in coffee. You can also use it in PUMPKIN PIE BARS, MAGIC PUMPKIN CAKE, PUMPKIN PIE COFFEE CAKE and PUMPKIN BREAD WITH BROWN SUGAR GLAZE.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- ground nutmeg
- ground allspice
- ground cloves
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE:
In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves until well combined. Or pop it all into a small mason jar with a lid and shake it up. Keep stored in a small jar or container with a lid in a cool, dry place.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1-½ teaspoons ground cloves
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves until well combined.
- Or pop it all into a small mason jar with a lid and shake it up. Keep stored in a small jar or container with a lid in a cool, dry place.
- This can be used in any recipe that calls for pumpkin pie spice.
- Spice will keep for 6 months.
Originally published: October 2017
Updated & republished: October 2021