Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 1 15 oz canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 Egglands Best eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Line 11 x 7 baking pan with parchment paper (see my notes at the end about different baking pan sizes.)
- Unroll crescent roll dough in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Gently press with your fingers and push it about halfway up all the sides.
- Now for the filling. In the bowl of your stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, mix together all of the other ingredients: pumpkin puree, eggs, heavy cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling over dough.
- If you have excess crescent dough going up the sides, just gently roll it down slightly.
- It creates a nice rolled edge around the bars.
- Bake on middle oven rack for about 45-55 minutes (or until the center is set.)
- Allow to cool completely before slicing (at least a couple of hours.)
- Once cooled, using the parchment paper hanging over the edges, lift it from the pan.
- Garnish each bar with a squirt of whipped cream or sprinkle with some pumpkin pie spice.
Cooler crescent dough is easier to work with so if it is getting sticky, pop the dish into the fridge to get it cold again. A 9 x 9 or 8 x 8 square baking dish may be substituted for the 11 x 7 baking dish. The bars will just come out a bit thicker. Also, refrigerated pie dough may be substituted for crescent roll dough. You can also substitute sweet potato puree for the pumpkin. Also, If you can't find these crescent dough sheets, just use a can of crescent rolls and gently roll them out and push the seams together so it makes a continuous sheet.