Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Starts with a boxed cake mix
Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese softened (1/2 block)
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together cake mix, pumpkin puree and eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until cake springs back to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely then make frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and butter until smooth (this is easiest with an electric mixer).
- Add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Then stir in vanilla.
- And lastly, mix in the milk.
- Mix until smooth then spread on cooled cake.
- Cut and serve.