- 1 box carrot cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake: eggs, oil & water
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant cheesecake pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 8 oz tub frozen whipped topping thawed
- 3-4 cinnamon graham crackers crushed (for topping)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9 x 13 cake.
- Once cake comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for just a couple of minutes.
Then, with a wooden spoon handle, a spatula handle, or some other similarly-sized object, begin poking holes in the cake.
You want the holes to be BIG so that the pudding has plenty of room to get down in there. Be sure to poke right down to the bottom of the cake.
- In a bowl, whisk together instant pudding mix with 4 cups milk.
- Stir until all the lumps are gone.
- I usually let the pudding sit for just a minute so it isn't so liquid-y. But you want it to still be easily pourable.
- Pour pudding over cake.
- Taking care to pour it right into the holes as much as possible.
- Spread it all out and using the back of the spoon, gently push pudding down into the holes.
- Put the cake into the fridge to set and cool (about 2 hours).
- Once your cake has completely cooled, spread on whipped topping.
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers onto the top of the cake.
You can do this part immediately before serving the cake if you like. This will ensure the crackers are crunchy when you serve it.
Keep cake refrigerated. This cake gets even better the day after it is made. So it makes for a perfect cake to make the day before you actually need it.