The Ultimate Chocolate Poke Cake is made with chocolate cake mix, instant chocolate pudding and topped with a whipped chocolate frosting!
CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE RECIPE
WHAT OTHER CAKE MIXES AND PUDDINGS CAN I USE FOR POKE CAKES?
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE:
CRAVING MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES? HAVE A LOOK AT THESE!
EASY ONE BOWL CHOCOLATE CAKE
KIT KAT CRUNCH DIP
GERMAN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
CINNAMON ROLL POKE CAKE
DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GINGERBREAD FROSTING
CHOCOLATE MAYONNAISE CAKE WITH BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
CHEATER CHOCOLATE WHOOPIE PIES
BAILEYS CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE
GUINNESS CHOCOLATE FROSTING
THE BEST CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE
For the cake:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake: eggs, oil and water
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
For the frosting:
- 1 tub milk chocolate frosting
- ½ tub (4 oz) whipped topping (COOL WHIP) thawed
- Bake cake according to directions on box. Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes.
- Poke holes all over the cake using the end of a wooden spoon.
- In a bowl whisk together chocolate pudding and milk. Pour pudding mixture over cake (be sure to aim it into the holes.)
- Let cake chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- To make frosting beat the tub of frosting in a large bowl (using an electric mixer) until smooth, then fold in whipped topping. This gives it a marshmallow-like texture.
- Spread over cake and let chill again for 2-3 hours. Then serve!
Originally published: June 2019
Updated & republished: February 2021