Oreo Pudding Poke Cake
If you enjoyed the Jell-O Poke Cake then you are really going to enjoy this recipe. I have found that this cake is a hit with everyone. Especially the menfolk and the little ones. What isn’t to love? Pudding and cake all together in harmony. World peace through cake…one can dream. This is an absolutely perfect weeknight dessert for the family and it is just so ridiculously easy to make that you can easily remember all the recipe ingredients when you go to the grocery store to pick up what you need.
1 box chocolate cake mix
ingredients needed to make cake (usually eggs, oil and water)
2 (4 oz.) packages of Instant Oreo pudding
3 cups milk (2% or higher)
1 (8 oz.) tub whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
crushed Oreo cookies, for topping Directions
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- (ingredients needed to make cake- eggs, oil & water)
- 2 4 oz packages of Instant Oreo pudding
- 3 cups milk 2% or higher
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping (COOL WHIP) thawed
- crushed Oreo cookies for topping
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Make cake mix according to package directions and bake in a well-greased 9x13 pan
- Bake cake according to times on the back of the box.
- When cake is finished, allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then poke holes all over cake (about 1-inch) intervals using a wooden spoon handle.
- In a medium bowl, add milk to pudding mixture and whisk until most of the lumps are removed.
- There will be a few lumps in the pudding because of the Oreo pieces that are in the pudding.
- Whisk for about 1-2 minutes until pudding just starts to thicken.
- Pour pudding mixture over warm cake, making sure to aim for the holes.
- Spread it out with a spoon and gently push down on the pudding to help get it into the holes.
- Spread whipped topping on top of pudding layer.
- Then put the cake in the refrigerator to allow it to cool completely.
- About an hour.
- Once it is set, top with crushed Oreo cookies.
Use a non stick cooking spray that has flour in it for best results.
Keep cake refrigerated